Wednesday, September 5, 2012

it's a celebration.











Topshop Dress


Rings: Tiffany & Co, Little Burgundy & Topshop. Necklace: Urban Outfitters


Jeffery Campbell Mikula

Photographer G.G
Last weekend (September 1, 2012) was the wedding of my cousin Lisa! It was absolutely stunning. A beautiful day and a gorgeous venue to host such a monumentis occasion.

I went over to her place in Scarborough because she had chosen me to be her makeup artist – flattering! Also, Lisa really liked my up-do for a wedding a couple years back and asked who I’d recommend for her big day. Right off the bat, I told her my hairstylist, Kim, whom I’ve known for years now. He came over around 9a.m. and did an impressive up-do on her and put some lovely curls on mine too boot! I really only trust him to do my hair. I have a tad anxiety when it comes to anyone coming close to me with cutting shears, especially if they’ve never touched my hair before! As ridiculous as this sounds, sadly. It’s the truth.


After a few last minute things we picked up at the mall, lunch being served and a few last minute checklists the bride needed to complete, we had about a hour and a half before the limo would come to pick us up. It was my time to shine and I got my kit ready to start her makeup. We had done a couple of trial runs before to see what type of look she was going for and all that. I have to admit, because Lisa uses and requested for more organic makeup, it  posed a bit of an obstacle for me but, I’m always up for a good challenge. When she saw herself in the mirror she had told me it was exactly what she was going for - I was overjoyed that she loved it so much.

We got into the limo and was wooshed to the venue. After a few touch ups and also doing the makeup for her maid of honor, it was time for the ceremony! A wedding of  about 150 guest, it was an intimate wedding that I felt honored being a part of. Tons of food, free flowing alcohol and all the cousins sitting at one table makes for a great  night. Congrats again to Lisa & Moe – may you live happily ever after. xo

Jess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment