Sunday, September 2, 2012

it's the start of something good.


 


Well hello there, My name is Jess and I love everything fashion, make-up and beauty!
I can honestly say I am a self-proclaimed makeup junkie! From as long as I can remember I have loved it. My obsession grew from just an interest to a full-blown time-sucker a couple of years ago. I started watching YouTube beauty channels and realized that learning beauty wasn’t all about taking courses or going to cosmetology school but learning from other ‘regular’ girls. There are even some professionals to learn from, all through the web. From looking up new beauty Youtuber’s, watching their videos, being on different websites for different companies and looking up different/new/cult products, I knew this obsession was much more than a hobby!
Now with fashion it’s a tad different. Though I do love a good trend every once and a while (color denim, statement necklaces, colour blocking etc.), I’m not as into all the fashion trends. Nor do I run out to buy the latest thing if it doesn’t suit my own personal taste. That being said, I take inspirations from the blogs I read, people on the streets and obviously my friends. I would say, although I enjoy getting dolled up and looking fancy every once and a while, I am definitely more of a dressed down kind of girl – as long as I’m dressed down with style! I like adding that feminine edge to an outfit, and my own twist on things. Because I draw from so many places and inspirations, I couldn’t even tell you what my own style is! It’s hard to pinpoint. For that matter it is hard for me to say what this blog will fully consist of. But there are a couple things I do know….
Finding myself these past couple of years has defined not just my style or my confidence in my own style (whatever it is!), but also it has made me more comfortable in my own skin. So with that, I would like to use this platform to showcase anything from my inspirations, to my aspirations, to the very LIFE of me and all that is in between. 
Enjoy. xx

Jess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment